I filled out the census and returned it. I hated it - they had to pick April 1, 2010 as the cutoff date? It would have been William's first birthday...
So anyway, I filled it out, hated not putting his name on it, and returned it. I even wrote about it here on my blog.
And then today a census taker showed up at my door.
COME ON! Really!?!?!?! I filled the %$*#&*#$&@& thing out already!!
So I stood there for ten minutes, answering her questions. Hating hearing that date, "How many people were living here on April 1, 2010?" One less than there should have been, okay, lady!??
And then at the end, she says, "I just have to make sure we're not missing anyone. So on April 1, 2010, there were no babies living here?"
Jeeeeeeeeeeeez!!! NO! There were NO BABIES living here on April 1, 2010! There SHOULD HAVE BEEN! But there WASN'T!
Can I go crawl in a hole and die now? I hate how things like this bring it all back. It was easier to deal with when it was new... now these things come out of nowhere at hit me upside the head like a baseball bat and I just sit there, dazed and stunned and in pain...
6 comments:
I am so sorry! What a stupid freaking census worker!
I think I would have made her feel stupid and told her, "Well I if you must insist, my son passed away the year before." That would have shut her up.
Oh geesh. I'm so, so sorry that the census worker showed up and clubbed you on the side of the head with a baseball bat. I'm with Mary. x
SHEESH! This hurts. Talk about kick a woman when she's down.
I'm so sorry.
xo
Oh God... I am so sorry...
It must have been so hard to not say something... hugs mama.
Post a Comment