Monday, January 18, 2010

Sweet William - Song and Video

"Sweet William" is written and performed by The Low Tide Drifters.

This song was written just for William, and it is an amazing gift for me to share it. What a beautiful legacy, to know someone is singing my heart and others are hearing his name every time they play it.

Thank you, Kate and Nate. There aren't words to tell you how grateful I am.

SWEET WILLIAM

Sweet William came one silent night and stole our bated breath
The image of his mother; his father’s shining best
The stillness of his body left a hole once filled by joy
Softly kiss the velvet cheek of your perfect little boy

Chorus:
So I rock your memory gently, goodnight stars and goodnight moon
Like iron to a lodestone, I’ll meet you someday soon

Sweet William wore his grandpas’ names and he twined two family trees
Mourn now for the babe in arms and the man he’ll never be
Inside the womb he kicked and thrived and dreamed the dreams of life
Cradled in his mama’s voice, he waited for the light.

Chorus

Sweet William, we’ll remember you, though we’ll never understand
Why some souls settle quickly down and others never land
Sweet William know your mama and your daddy love so
Though you’ll remain forever young, in our hearts you’ll always grow.

Chorus

Repeat Chorus

© 2009 Katherine Downing and Nathan Moore




15 comments:

Beth said...

so beautiful.. what an honor.

Circus Princess said...

Wow, that is so special.

Liz said...

that song is wonderful, absolutly wonderful! what a blessing.

Liz said...

i just watched the video! beautiful, he was so georgeous!!

Anonymous said...

i watched it three times in a row. so perfect. thanks for sharing!!

Michelle said...

This is absolutely beautiful ((hugs))! He really was gorgeous!

after iris said...

Stunning. x

margaret said...

What a wonderful gift. The lyrics are perfect. Thanks so much for sharing this bit of your heart.

Erin said...

I love this. Thank you for sharing.

Emerging Butterfly said...

Thank you so much for sharing...wiping tears away.

Love you.

Mary said...

This is so perfect. I love the words.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through your profile on MDC not too long ago. In one sitting I read through its entirety sobbing quietly to my computer screen. My heart aches for your family.
This song is so incredibly touching and so poignant! How blessed you are to have hugged sweet William within your womb- a boy whos story has touched so many!!

Danny said...

Really, really beautiful. And oh so poignant.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful thing to have!
HUgs
xxx

Andrea said...

How amazing, love the song, love the video. Thank you so much for sharing.