Friday, September 25, 2009

YES!

I imagined what it would be like.

I fantasized about it, frankly, like a dieter with my jaw wired shut, obsessing about mountains of rich, gooey chocolate. What would be it like?

I thought about it. I did. A lot.

But I didn't know it would feel like this.

YES!


There's not a hint of "NO!" in me. No hesitation, no turning away. Is there fear? Yes. Anxiety? Yes. But I'm still saying "YES!" I can't help it. I've smiled so much my face hurts. I smiled through tears all day yesterday, after taking two tests and reassuring M. that yes, it was a line, it didn't matter how faint. I couldn't stop smiling as I told the kids: "You're going to be a sister (or a brother) again!" and seeing their faces light up like it was Christmas morning.

I didn't wait. I didn't keep my secret longer than a few moments, suspended, like my breath, waiting to be let out. Because every single moment is precious. This little bundle of cells is the oak in the acorn already, burrowing into the soft, nurturing home where it will grow and (please, god) bloom and be birthed sometime at the end of May or beginning of June... But that time is a long way off. Three seasons to go, although it's growing autumn-cool even now.

All I have is this moment, right now, cradling the potential of life in my womb. How can I not honor that? I have so much love for this baby already. I can't hold back, I can't say "No, I won't love you, not yet, not until I know." Because if William taught me anything (and oh, my sweet baby boy, you've taught me so very much) it's that we can never, ever know. This moment is all we have, and time stands still in our hearts.

My heart's steady rhythm brings life in every moment, and its beat is saying nothing but "Yes. Yes. Yes!"

34 comments:

Erika P said...

What a beautiful word - YES. And what wonderful news!!

(I'm not sure if I've ever commented here before, but I've been reading for a while. And thanks for reading my blog too - and I think you know, but I'm green_sturgeon on MDC.)

Catherine W said...

I'm so pleased for you. Yes!

And I'm crying. You are right. We can never know, this moment is all we have. Enjoy all your moments with this little one and may you have many, many of them. xo

Lea said...

YES!! So happy for you. It is a long and difficult new part of your journey... .but so very exciting and hopeful!

after iris said...

Wonderful! I'm thilled to hear your news. xxx

Alisha said...

Yes. Yes. YES!!!!

Ya Chun said...

Yes is right! Yay! And let this new journey begin

Michele said...

wonderful news! congratulations!

margaret said...

Wonderful news, so happy for you! Congratulations...

Amy Primorac said...

I am so happy for you! :) You are in my thoughts so often, so glad to hear that this is happening for you. Savor each moment!

Rachele Stuart said...

I am SO freaking happy for you that I don't even know what to do with myself. :)

Jenni said...

oh! this is so wonderful! and i love all the lovely green! very appropriate. many yes'es to you. xo

Sophie said...

That is such wonderful news! I am so happy for you and your family. :)

xx

Jane said...

YES is a wonderful thing!!! :)

Unknown said...

Yes! I'm so happy for you that I got all teary. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to put a link to this entry in the April 09 DDC thread. (I'm bodhitree)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news, Congratulations!
Vanessa, Daphne's mom

Isla's Mommy said...

YESSSS!!! So very exciting. I teared up reading this post. You are so right. All we have is the present. Live in it and love that baby! xoxo :)

Lindsay said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! What a beautiful new background to celebrate!!!!

Michelle said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU DAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon Ryan said...

YYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSS!!! I'm so happy for you!! I'll be waiting for June to arrive with you!! :)

Hope's Mama said...

Hmm, I commented earlier but the computer must have ate it up!

Just wanted to say YAY, this is fantastic news and I'm so very thrilled for you and your family.

There are lots of women walking this road of pregnancy after loss with you, and we're all here to support you.

xo

Mackenzie's Mommy said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! I can't wait until I have a similar moment :) I'm looking forward to hearing about your journey!
xo
Ashley

Tina said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Nothing but good wishes are coming your way! xx

Funsize said...

YAY!!! Congratulations, I am so happy for you!

bir said...

That is a lovely looking YES!

Congratulations x

(www.allthelittleponies.blogspot.com)

R said...

Congratulations!!!! What a beautiful word!

CLC said...

What wonderful news! So happy for you!

Unknown said...

Oh, Yes!! I'm so happy for you!

clara said...

I am so thrilled for you!!!

I love your attitude. Facing this new life with all the love you have is such a great beginning!

The Blue Sparrow said...

I am soo soo happy for you! Congrats on your big news! Its wonderful! Ill be praying!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Yes! Congratulations! I am so happy.

Fireflyforever said...

Brilliant news!

T said...

Tremendous news!!!! Hope and joy are powerful, powerful and beautiful feelings..

YES. My heartfelt congratulations.

Mary said...

Congratulations! Oh that is just so wonderful. I am so happy for you.

Rosalind said...

Oh what happy news ... Congrats