Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Morning

Thank you all very much for making my Christmas morning so very blessed and full by remembering William with me.


We received and read almost 100 messages from friends and family on Christmas morning. I cried, I laughed, and cried some more. I read William's name over and over and whispered the names of other lost babies on that morning and remembered them, too.

I will keep these messages in his stocking for next year, and in my heart, forever. I will probably read them every Christmas morning from now on until the paper they are written on is yellowed and the type faded. I will hold every one of your gifts close.

I can't tell you how much it means. There aren't words.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry I was late with this one! I hope you still got my email in the afternoon! :) *HUGE hugs* XxX

margaret said...

I'm so glad, what a wonderful show of love for sweet William. Wouldn't be such a bad idea to do every year. I'm overwhelmed by how many responses you got, to me that says that you and William are loved very much. Hugging you

Michele said...

Merry Christmas, sweet one.

Emily said...

What a great idea! I had an email blackout for Christmas soI missed this, but it's a lovely idea.

Franchesca said...

I loved your idea and am glad it brought you some joy :)

Christy said...

I am so glad you enjoyed the notes so much. I think one of the very important things about this community is that you feel a little bit of solace by giving other mamas comfort. This is the exact kind of support we need--to be able to give it,too.

Emerging Butterfly said...

(HUG)

forward tumble said...

I loved doing it, thank you for remembering this way.
I want to do a new years celebration similar to yours.

love to you and your family

xx Ines