I sent this out on Facebook and thought I would ask here as well...
****
My Dear Friends,
As Christmas day approaches I know that it will be a difficult day for me to get through without the love and support of those around us. This would have been William's first Christmas and we feel his absence so very much during the holidays.
Please consider a moment to send an email or note:
I am going to get a special Christmas stocking for William. The hope is to fill it with heartfelt notes from those who wish to help us in remembering our son. Knowing that your child is not forgotten is the best gift you can give a bereaved mother. The notes really have no guideline, just write what you feel. You can write to William, to me, to our family. It doesn’t have to be more than a sentence really. The point is just to remember him with us on Christmas. The smallest gesture carries the biggest comfort and love in the hardest of times. I figured this is a great way for all those around me to love and support me through this holiday without actually having to be here or call me as I know all of us have families to be with. On Christmas morning I will print the notes and we will read them and put them in William's stocking.
I want to say that there is no need to censor your writings or be afraid that I will be sad in talking about William. Nothing makes me sadder than the fact that he is not here with us, and remembering him brings some peace to my heart. I encourage all of you to just write what is in your heart, if you had things that you wish you could have said to William, me, or our family then I ask you to do so. It can help you as much as it helps me. I appreciate any notes or thoughts that are sent. I will hold them all very close to my heart!
So here is how I am going to accomplish this:
Please send me an email to inannajourney@gmail.com with “FOR WILLIAM – DO NOT READ UNTIL CHRISTMAS” in the subject line. I will read them on Christmas Day. I will be checking for the last notes on Christmas morning, so send them any time until then.
Thank you again for everything and helping me remember William and helping me during these holidays when it will be so very hard not to think of him.
*** To all the angel mommies and daddies (etc.) out there reading this, I know that all of us have a rough time during the holidays. I wanted to share this idea with you all. If you are going to do this or something close to this, please send me a message and let me know as I would be honored to write each and every one of you a little note about your baby/babies. Please feel free to copy and paste this letter with the appropriate changes... it isn't mine, it's been borrowed and permission has been given. I hope we all find some peace during the holidays and feel the love of not only our angels but those in our lives too. Thank you again!
6 comments:
What a sweet idea :)
Of course I will send you an email, mama. *HUGE hugs* XXXX
this is brilliant! i would love to have the permission to do this for my son as well. my e-mail address is jmcanary@cinci.rr.com
this is such a great idea. While I was reading it I was thinking that I feel the same way. Thank you for sharing and I will use it, too.
Hugs,
Christy
What an idea... warm heartfelt hugs to you xo
Sure thing, mama. Wonderful heartfelt idea. (((hugs)))
Post a Comment