Monday, December 21, 2009

Serendipity

Today I went shopping for William's stocking. The first two places had nothing I wanted or was interested in. I had something in mind and wasn't finding it. Then I did:




Right above it, I found something else. Ever since his death, the two things that really make William "real" to me are the lock of his hair and his handprint on my husband's drum. 

I knew it was perfect when I brought it home and looked at M's face when he saw it. And of course, I'd just been saying I didn't even have an ornament for little William. My only regret was that it wasn't personalized with his name. 


Then the most amazing thing happened and in the mail came this from another sweet, kind baby-loss mama who remembered my William:



It's just so delicate and elegant and perfect.


I didn't get to keep my baby, and I didn't get to announce a pregnancy this holiday (negative tests filling my drawer and today it's official, I will be bleeding through Christmas Day, I imagine... *sigh* Back to the drawing board...) but the friends I've made out of these tragic circumstances are truly such a blessing.

That much I did get, and I am so grateful. More grateful than I could ever say.

9 comments:

Franchesca said...

When you described how you knew it was perfect bc of your husband's reaction, I knew what you were talking about. I love seeing that reaction on my husband's face when it comes to something concerning Jenna. The stocking and ornaments are precious.

xoxo

Juliet said...

((Hugs)) The ornaments and stocking are beautiful. Sorry you didn't get your Christmas BFP.

Shannon Ryan said...

hugs to you, uch sweet ornaments!

Beth said...

beautiful.. I love that feeling when you know it's right.

lost--for--words said...

I love William's ornaments and stocking. What a sweet friend you have to remember William at Christmas.

Ya Chun said...

Love the stocking and the ornament (but not the BFN)

peace to you

Michele said...

breathtaking... there are no other words.

caitsmom said...

Ah . . . the ornaments are lovely. Remembering your precious William with you. Peace.

Well-Rounded Mama said...

What a lovely ornament; so simple and yet so elegant for beautiful William. I am glad you will have something on your tree for him too.

I will be thinking about you on this Xmas Day.

Many hugs, Kmom