The U.S. Census.
"How many people were living in your house on April 1, 2010?"
It's a simple question.
And it reduced me to tears.
April 1, 2010 would have been William's first birthday.
There's a little "Dora the Explorer" ad on the census website that says, "Children count too!"
But I can't write my son's name and birthdate down.
He doesn't count.
He was never counted.
13 comments:
It sucks so bad! :( I'm right there with you.
I am so sorry.
I wish William could be counted... he deserves to be counted.
It is so terribly unfair. He counts for me, although I know that's small consolation.
I filled out our census today and cried like a baby... hugs, dear one...
It was the first thing that crossed my mind when I read my census. Slap in the face! I wish we could count our babies. They definitely count.
xo
Ashley
He's counted in my world.
xo
I wish we could count our lost babies. They're just as real to us as our living children. The government will never understand...
I think I would have gone crazy - literally out of my mind - this past year, if it hadn't been for the women I've discovered on the 'net who experienced a loss like this and really GET it. Thank you, guys. HUGS.
it's these simple questions that jump up and take a HUGE BITE out of our already broken hearts. i'm sorry mama.
I had the exact same response. The number in my home should not be 7 it should be 9. Simon and Alexander count in every way. except on paper. It hurts....and feels so surreal.
Sending you much love....
how sad :( The things we take for granted, a simple answer to a simple question, yet it is not to some. I'm so sorry. William should be counted and all your babies are in my heart even not having been in there <3 tears.
Sigh. The census took my breath away too. I so understand.
William will always count in my heart Dawn!
Post a Comment