It never ends.
One mama puts her sweet, funny, healthy three-year-old boy with a little cold to bed one night only to wake up and find him dead in his bed. Another mama rocks and sings to her nine month-old baby girl and watches her die of leukemia in her arms.
They're never safe. It's never okay. They fall. They get run over by cars. They start driving cars and get into accidents. Every single baby that we mamas birth is going to die. We're all dying, every single moment.
The potential for tragedy is endless.
If life weren't so damned beautiful, I'd really question the point of it all.
5 comments:
I do question the point.
having children is choosing to have your heart outside your body, running around, always in danger of getting hurt.
I remember telling my husband at some point in the nightmare of the past 10 months of crying that if I had REALLY understood how many painful things like could, and would, throw at you that I would never have had children because I can't STAND that life is just waiting around the corner to alter, change and step on them too. sigh.
I'm in a slightly better spot at the moment....knowing that this life wouldn't be worth living without them. But, it sometimes seems like a selfish reason to have had them....life can be so shitty. Simon and Alexander...they will never have to feel that kind of pain. ever.
yet...I still wish they were here.
my husband calls that the dialectical conundrum of life. You hate it...and you love it.
((HUG))
So true. *HUGS*
It sometimes makes my heart stop to think that very same thing.
Post a Comment