Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Death To All Bunnies!

I planted William's garden back in April, just after he died. I was looking forward to watching the little seedling grow tall, and they have! 

The past few weeks I've been waiting for the flowers I planted to actually bloom. I wasn't going to post pictures until we actually had flowers, because otherwise it's kind of just boring green stuff. :) I usually go out and check on it every day. The poppies have been our first bloomers. 




But today, I went to look, and guess who had been in the garden?




The left side of the garden was just as tall and lush as the right side yesterday! Apparently the bunnies have been feasting!


If I could get my hands on Peter Rabbit today, he'd be stew!

10 comments:

Michele said...

what a pretty flower!

R said...

I'm sorry, we've had bunnies eating our garden too. One thing that I've found has helped is spraying the plants down with diluted hot pepper sauce- I know it won't help the nibbled plants but hope it saves the others. The poppies are beautiful!

Shannon Ryan said...

The flower is so pretty!
I have a similar problem.. except not bunnies.. beetles! Japanese beetles.. eating the leaves on Dresden's apple tree. Normally I'm a live and let live sort of gal.. but I've been assisting the beetles into a bucket of sudsy water.. there is no humping on OR eating of the leaves on my son's memorial tree!!
I couldn't kill bunnies, but perhaps a nice fence? ;)

Juliet said...

Oh no, keep away bunnies!! The flower is very pretty.

Lea said...

William's garden looks so beautiful and peaceful. Sorry about the bunnies.... it's hard to get angry at bunnies though, isn't it?

xo

Sophie said...

Poppies are gorgrous! I planted some red ones this year to go with the orange ones from last year. They are remarkably robust.

Sorry about the cheeky bunny. :(

margaret said...

Perhaps the bunny was just showing it's appreciation of William's garden, it IS pretty (and probably very tasty)...as frustrating as it may be, I just can't wish death on a bunny, they're too darn cute.

Anonymous said...

William's garden is lovely.

I feel you on the bunnies. We're waging a war on slugs at the moment and it's not pretty.

Ya Chun said...

beautiful flowers - you can try a capsacin spray on the flowers to deter bunnies.

Mary said...

I love that little garden. I hope the bunnies stay away.