Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Washington Post Brings Awareness to Stillbirth

Washington Post staff writer Alan Goldenbach lost his baby to stillbirth, and hosted a Q&A session about stillbirth today. One of my questions was featured! 

(And just an aside, I love that William's name was mentioned... okay so I was the one mentioning it, but still... ;)

9 comments:

Michele said...

I'm so glad that your question was featured and that William's name was mentioned. How lovely.

Shannon Ryan said...

I saw your question!! How lovely to see William's name in print! :)

R said...

Thank you for sharing the link for us! I'm glad you were able to post William's name and also your question- hopefully it will help someone who reads it & raise awareness.

caitsmom said...

Thanks for sharing this. I'm so glad your question was included, an important question. And I'm glad William was mentioned too. Any opportunity to honor the lives of our children is a good thing! I thought is answers were compassionate and a positive service to our community. Peace.

loribeth said...

Oh, thanks so much for sharing the link! I'm always so glad to see pg loss & infertility issues covered in the press, particularly in a major publication like the Washington Post.

Heather said...

I was glad to see this article. I was sad to see that he also lost his baby. It seems a shame to me that the only ones who can write about this are ones who've personally experienced it. But then, I guess there is no on else better qualified, and would we really want to hear the voice of someone who doesn't "get it"? Seeing your question in print gave me chills!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I love that William's name was mentioned too!

CLC said...

I read this and immediately knew it was you! I am glad his name was mentioned too. I was glad to read the article although I felt slightly depressed afterwards because it seems like such a huge undertaking to raise awareness for it, when no one, even doctors, really seem to care. I had felt the same way the author did- why didn't my doctors ever bother to talk about this with me? I was just blindsided, like all of us out here.

Anonymous said...

I love you and you so rock.