I have a very short attention span right now. I can’t seem to concentrate on any one thing for very long. I turned on the television, looking for some distraction, but I can’t watch anything I used to, especially when I’m alone during the day. Cooking shows? Feh. I have no interest in food. A Baby Story on TLC? Well… that one’s obvious.
I finally settled on, apparently, what is the afternoon “judge show” station. Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, Judge Alex. I like these guys. Pain and suffering presented, and justice metered out with the bang of a gavel. There’s something soothing about that.
I wish things were really so simple.
2 comments:
I liked animal programs in the beginning. Movies as well. Preferably something like "The Witness" or along those lines. They settled me down pretty nicely - something far removed from my life. Everything's all over the place to begin with, so you may find yourself quite short tempered at times, and unable to listen to people for very long. I found myself very impatient for quite a while. I think that's normal.
*HUGE hugs* XXXX
You're in a fog that is totally normal. Try not to question yourself. For a long time, I couldn't watch TV. The only thing I could stomach was talk radio on NPR. Then for a while after that, it was crime shows like L&O because there were bereaved, suffering people like me on them.
Post a Comment