I have a necklace I'm wearing in William's memory. I took some pictures of it. (Those are also the blanket, hat and booties he wore in the hospital...)
It's a heart I wear over my own, and it opens, like a little envelope. There's a thin silver heart inside with an engraving.
It didn't feel right to have his name engraved on it. It felt disloyal to my other children, and I didn't want them to feel William had a different place in my life and heart than they did. He is my child, as they are, and always will be. I love them all.
So I had it engraved with this:
A mother's
heart knows
no time



6 comments:
Beautiful! What a perfect inscrption!
Lovely. All just lovely.
That is absolutely beautiful *hugs*
That is so beautiful. What a beautiful inscription, the necklace is lovely.
((hugs))
That inscription is just perfect. So beautiful.
I love your necklace, Innana. I have a locket that my BIL and SIL gave me for my first mother's day last year, 5 weeks after B died. I wore it like a security blanket for a loooong time. Now I have a birthstone ring that I always wear.
Post a Comment