My sister and her husband came over today.
It was the first time they'd been here to the house, actually. They live a good hour and a half drive away, and we have been there for holidays (they have the biggest house) but they haven't been here.
Just when I open my mouth and say something, right?
I could complain about a million different little things about the visit, but apparently, I can complain about anything, lately, whether people do call or don't, whether they come over or not. Nothing would make me happy or satisfied right now, clearly. Go figure...
The truth is, it was good to know it was important enough, that we were, William was... we are loved, and thought of, and however a hand is extended, it is, after all, reaching out.
2 comments:
I'm glad that they visited. It's hard to handle that too. It always seems that when I want company, it isnt around, and when I dont, it abounds. Fate's irony, I suppose.
Yup, Michele's right. When they finally show up, you're not in the mood or you're on tenterhooks as the case may be. It's tough stuff. But they do love you and are trying to show you that they do. They may be clumsy at showing it, there may even be mixed agendas and weird family scripts going on, but I really do believe that if they didn't, they'd stay away--it's hard to make that trip.
We care about you, too. We grieve for you and with you, and hope to see the little flickers of sunlight growing in your face again, no matter how long it may take. Hugs and love, Dear One.
Post a Comment